In early spring 2014 CATS was invited to become a new member of the European IPERION CH project proposal.
The acronym stands for Integrated Project for the European Research Infrastructure ON Cultural Heritage.
IPERION CH integrates excellent national facilities in a pan-European distributed Research Infrastructure supporting research in Heritage Science. The project aims at establishing a permanent Research Infrastructure with a sustainable and durable plan of activities, including a broad offer of accesses to top-quality scientific instruments, methodologies and tools for enabling knowledge and innovation in preservation of cultural heritage. IPERION CH connects researchers in the Humanities and Natural Sciences and fosters a trans-disciplinary culture of exchange and cooperation for the growth of the European Research Area (ERA). IPERION CH pursues the stable integration of European world-class facilities and resources to create a player with a leading role in the Global community of Heritage Science.
An advanced multi-disciplinary community of researchers
Third in a line of successful integrating projects, IPERION CH can claim a long-term experience and a treasure of knowledge accumulated by the Consortium of partners through the Framework Programs 6 and 7 by the I3 EU-Artech and the I3 CHARISMA (http://www.charismaproject.eu). A high level of coordination between its facilities allows the fine-tuning of all IPERION CH access services and related activities, to provide a comprehensive and integrated support to the scientific community of Heritage Science, in one of the most difficult domains in applied sciences.
The wide international Consortium of IPERION CH counts 24 partners from 12 Member States plus one in the US, and a large network of collaborations and affiliations. The Consortium joins several outstanding research Institutes and includes prestigious research laboratories and conservation centers from Museums and Universities.
IPERION CH is affiliated to the Digital Research Infrastructure for the Arts and Humanities, DARIAH ERIC, which is also partner of the Consortium. Together with DARIAH, the IPERION CH community is joining the proposal for a Cluster of Humanities research infrastructures in H2020. As a major stakeholder in the Humanities ERA, IPERION CH will apply for the new ESFRI European roadmap.
IPERION CH Partners
- CNR – The National Research Council of Italy, Coordinator, Florence
- BE – KIK-IRPA, Brussels
- DE – Doerner Institut, Munich
- DE – Rathgen-Forschungslabor, RATHGEN, Berlin
- DE – RWTH Aachen University, Aachen
- DK – Centre for Art Technological Studies and Conservation, CATS, Copenhagen
- ES – Spanish National Research Council, CSIC (IPCE), Madrid
- ES – Museo Nacional del Prado, PRADO, Madrid
- FR – National Center for Scientific Research, CNRS, Paris
- FR – Inria Paris – Rocquencourt Research Centre, INRIA (DARIAH), Paris
- FR – Soleil Synchrotron, SOLEIL, Gif-sur-Yvette
- GR – Foundation for Research & Technology – Hellas, FORTH, Iraklio
- GR – Of-ADC, Athens
- HU – Budapest Neutron Centre, BNC, Budapest
- HU – Institute of Nuclear Research of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences, MTA-ATOMKI, Debrecen
- IT – Agency for the Promotion of European Research, APRE, Roma
- IT – Opificio delle Pietre Dure, OPD, Florence
- IT – University of Bologna, UNIBO, Bologna
- IT – Università degli Studi di Perugia, UNIPG, Perugia
- NL – The Netherlands Institute for Cultural Heritage, RCE, Amsterdam
- PL – Nicolaus Copernicus University, NCU, Torun
- PT – National Laboratory for Civil Engieering, LNEC, Lisbon
- UK – British Museum, BM, London
- UK – National Gallery, NGL, London
- US – Getty Conservation Institute, GCI, Los Angeles